venerdì 25 novembre 2011

Leaving Green Sleeves



Alas, my love, you did me wrong,
to cast me out discourteously,
for I have loved you so long,
delighting in your very company.
Now if you intend to show me disdain,
don't you know it all the more enraptures me,
for even so I still remain
your lover in captivity.
Green sleeves, you're all alone,
the leaves have fallen, the men have gone.
Green sleeves, there's no one home,
not even the Lady Green Sleeves.
I sang my songs,
I told my lies,
to lie between your matchless thighs.
And ain't it fine, ain't it wild
to finally end our exercise
Then I saw you naked in the early dawn,
oh, I hoped you would be someone new.
I reached for you but you were gone,
so lady I'm going too.
Green sleeves, you're all alone ...
Green sleeves, you're all alone,
the leaves have fallen,
the men have all gone home.
Green sleeves, it's so easily done,
leaving the Lady Green Sleeves.
Ahimè, amore mio, tu mi fai male,
abbandonandomi scortesemente,
perché io ti ho amato per così lungo tempo,
deliziato dalla tua compagnia.
Ora se intendi mostrarmi sdegno
non sai che questo mi rapisce ancora di più.
Perché anche così resterò
tuo amante, tuo prigioniero.
Green sleeves, sei tutta sola,
le foglie sono cadute, gli uomini sono andati.
Green sleeves, non c'è nessuna casa,
nemmeno Lady Green Sleeves
Ho cantato le mie canzoni,
ho detto le mie bugie,
per giacere tra le tue cosce senza pari.
E non è bello, non è selvaggio
concludere finalmente il nostro esercizio.
Poi ti ho visto nuda alle prime luci dell'alba,
oh, ho sperato che fossi qualcuna nuova.
Ti ho teso la mano ma tu non c'eri più,
quindi signora vado anch'io.
Green sleeves, sei tutta sola...
Green sleeves, sei tutta sola,
le foglie sono cadute,
gli uomini sono andati.
Green Sleeves, è così facile,
lasciare Lady Green Sleeves

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento